SoFloat's are made out of Sunbrella fabric
a high quality, easy clean fade & mould resistant fabric
One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella fabrics looking good and to delay vigorous cleaning is to properly maintain the fabric. This can be accomplished by simply brushing off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabrics, wiping up spills as soon as they occur or spot cleaning soon after stains occur.
We highly recommend rinsing off your SoFloat on a monthly basis with fresh, clear water. This helps prevent dirt from becoming deeply embedded in the fabric and eliminates the need for more frequent cleaning
Keep beanbags clean and free from debris (such as falling leaves)
How to Clean your SoFloat
- Brush off loose dirt
- Hose down SoFloat with clean water
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap, 1/4 cup mild soap per 4 litres of lukewarm water (less than 38°C).
- Use a sponge or soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all soap residue is removed.
- Allow to dry naturally in the sunshine
- Apply a light mist of cleaning solution (as above) using a spray bottle.
- Work the solution into the stain by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or very soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge.
- Repeat these steps until stain is removed.
Heavy Cleaning for Stubborn Stains and Mildew
Sunbrella fabric does not promote mildew growth, however, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. To clean mildew, or other stubborn stains:
- Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup of mild soap per 4 litres of clean water
- Spray on entire area and allow to soak into the fabric
- Scrub vigorously with a soft bristle brush, sponge, or clean towel
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue
- Allow fabric to air dry
If stubborn stains persist, please view the Sunbrella Stain Chart for specific recommendations
- DO NOT iron or steam
- DO NOT dry clean
- DO NOT tumble dry
If possible, keep beanbags under cover if they are to be unused for any length of time or over the winter months
Although SoFloats are designed to be used in the pool
for product longevity we recommend removing your SoFloat from the pool after use.
Simply bring your SoFloat to the edge of the pool and slowly drag SoFloat out, ensuring your allow water to drain away as you remove from pool.
When using in salt water we recommend flipping your SoFloat upside down and rinsing beans through the mesh base to clean off salt residue.
Advice on salt water use
This product can be used in salt water but care is required to ensure longevity of yoru product.
When using in salt water clean the cover and beans with fresh water after each use. Flip your SoFloat upside down and rinsing beans through the mesh base to clean off salt residue. Rinse zips and cover then turn upright.