Up close and Personal with New Zealand Model and Creative Extraordinaire Charlotte White
Whilst preparing for and shooting our new SoFloat range, we worked with fine, talented models from the New Zealand industry. Charlotte White, one of our selected SoFloat models was one to remember.
Her journey on becoming a model and tips of the trade had to be captured. Today we dig deeper into what motivates and inspires her. Charlottes busy life includes wearing many hats. She is a mother, wife, creative photographer and lifestyle model, all of which keep her on her toes…
- What do you like most about modelling? Over the years with experience, my modeling contracts have become more interesting. I am lucky that I have been offered opportunities which involve travelling to new places... which is always fun!
- Tell us about your background? How did you initially get into modelling ? I am originally born and raised in the United Kingdom. I got into modelling through winning a competition at the age of 18. From this competition I had the opportunity to go to London and have a portfolio shoot done. I was actually very shy at that time and I wasn't that keen on the idea, but friends told me I should go for it. I am glad I did.
- What are your goals as a model? How do you see yourself progressing in this field? My goal at first was to build my self-confidence. When I realised I could earn some money from it modeling, I then tried my best to find my niche within the field. I am shorter than most, so I knew I was never going to be a catwalk fashion model. In a way, its led to some way more interesting jobs I never thought I would end up doing.
- How would you describe your personality and nature? I am quite a reserved person but very bubbly and funny when I allow myself to open up. It’s funny because many people mistake that side of me for being shy and shyness doesn’t get you far in modelling.
- Do you have any other hidden talents? I enjoy Photography. Over the past few years, I have been working on building a portfolio to hopefully begin a new successful business. I know I can’t model forever so I have to have something else I enjoy and relative to what I have been doing to see me through life.
- As a model, what are your limitations? I have found myself in some awkward situations in the past, with Photographers who weren’t all they seemed to be. A bit of advice to those starting out - do your research! Don’t turn up alone and stand up for yourself if anything makes you feel uncomfortable! Otherwise I'm open to anything safe!
- Aside from SoFloat, what has been your favourite shoot? What made it special? Probably working alongside Andy Belcher on our bike shoot. It was thrilling to ride fast and try get some action shots at the same!
- What are your interests outside of modelling? I love spending time with my 16-month old Son and giving him new experiences. I love spending time in the kitchen and try my best not to drink all the wine whilst cooking dinner.
- What are your favourite beauty products? I swear by a natural routine of brown sugar, lemon and honey scrub with coconut oil 3 times a week. Homemade!
- Are there any clothing designers or brands you swear by that make you feel beautiful and confident?I love hunting down vintage designer clothing so no brands as such. But I wouldn't mind shopping more at Neon Gypsy if my husband allowed it.
- What did you enjoy most about the SoFloat shoot? I loved meeting all the new faces and making new friends. It’s always interesting getting to work with products and doing things you never expected to do. Like seeing beautiful homes, locations etc.
- What was your favourite SoFloat to model on? What colour did you like most? The Maui Drift was my favourite, and I prefer the cream colour.
- What are your tips to those who are looking to modelling as a future career prospect? Do your research when starting out if you're looking for an agent. Get in touch with amateur photographers who are looking to build up their portfolio so you can get experience and some beautiful images. You don’t need an agency behind you if you are smart, you can set up your own business and find your own work! Make sure you ask around and connect with the right people. Don’t put yourself in dangerous situation's, a lot of people out there are take advantage! Take care of yourself. Don’t do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Most importantly have FUN!
- What is the best way for people to reach you? Please email me directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org
A huge thank you again to Charlotte for her exceptional efforts on the SoFloat photoshoot. We are very happy and proud of the work that has come from all who was involved on the day. Check out our finial images HERE
We are always on the lookout for talented models for our next line. If you have what it takes, or would like to be considered email through your portfolio to us at email@example.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.